Saturday, February 26, 2011

Daddy goes back to work

The day came where Allen had to go back to work!  That was the same day it rained all day, and we had tornado and thunderstorm warnings.  That made for some interesting times-trying to figure out how to take the dog out (since our yard was a complete muddy mess).  We ended up doing fine!  We do miss Allen though!

I did not plan ahead, so I was home without dog treats, ice cream, and Diet Dr. Pepper-three staples in our house.  Yesterday, I ventured out to two consignment sales and the grocery store with Austin.  That was only the second time I have taken him to the store with me-it was quite comical.  He started crying the minute I left the produce section, so I was literally running through the store getting my items.  I was turning corners so fast , items were flying off the bottom of my cart.  He was really wailing when I got to the check out, and of course, I get some teenage girl, who is in no hurry to check me out.  She just stared at me and at Austin and asked me if I was in a hurry?  "Um, yeah, you could say that, my baby is hungry".  She says, "Did you not bring his bottle?".  I reply, "Nope, no bottle.  We'll be home soon".  I am thinking to myself-how productive would a grocery trip be if I am feeding a baby a bottle.  Not to mention the fact that I am breastfeeding him.  Not that he doesn't have bottles, but no bottle was prepared for a trip to the store.  She ends the conversation with "Hope you live close".  Then, this nice young man helps me to the car with my groceries while moving at a snails pace.  Obviously these two do not have children or else are completely immune to the cries of a hungry baby.  To top it off, as I am pulling into the garage, there are three men outside the front of my house soliciting for landscaping work.  I must have shot the guy who approached me some horrible look because he kept his distance-Austin was screaming, Annabelle was barking and scratching the door, and I had ice cream in the car!  What a day!  I think going back to work will be less stressful.

Here are some new pictures of Austin:

Austin and I went to his cousin Olivia's play at her school the other night, and he wore his fire truck shirt-just so happens there was a fire truck song in the play.  He did great-we sat on the front row, and he just loved listening to the music and hearing the singing.



Here is his first UK t-shirt courtesy of my friend Wendy!  I think he looks pretty cute!





I tried to get him to sit in his cousin's swing and see how he did.  The look on his face is priceless.  He was not really that into it.



Here is his cute smiley face when you say something to him to get him to smile:


No comments:

Post a Comment